Monday, July 22, 2013

#18 Empathy

The past two months have been to mildly put it, a spiritual wake up call. And as a result, I've been writing a lot of poetry which is a good thing. This one is dedicated to the one special person, that I might or might not have met yet, I'm still clueless in that aspect of my life. If I haven't met you yet, I hope you show up soon (says the romantic in me). 


Empathy

I want to wake up by your side
After smoke stung eyes and crashing against the tides. 
Words leave my mind, but never reach my lips
Emotions rise like a new moon with their own quips. 
Can I cope and stray away from the temptation?
In the darkest stupors, your voice is the revelation
Regardless of how far I walk, how far I run
The roots have been sown deep, the misdeed's already been done. 

I want you to stand by my side
Camouflage my fears, contain my pride. 
Till my bones nourish trees and my soul renews
I will hold the diamond chest, pay all unresolved dues.
Never enough, never complete
My resources of boundless love and joy, you replete.
The spark that will rise out of our future's ember
Bleaches out the darkness and mistakes so we shall never remember. 

I want to learn and grow by your side
When summer's sun burns, under your shadow I can hide.
Beneath the autumn leaves and stars, breaths gain synchronicity
As two beings embark on the illuminated path of felicity.
Shatter all your old walls, let me be the new cornerstone
I'll be your well, deep enough to drown all the hindrances that are thrown.
When winter arrives, there will be the warmth of passion and clarity
Nourishing our existence with the promise of eternal serenity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment