Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Loss

The Loss


The pain pierces a heart filled with love;
Yearning for the one sent from above.
By angels of hope or demons of fate,
One never finds out before its too late. 

The nocuous deed has been done
He will remain forever  my ‘the one’, 
I will eagerly wait for the eons to pass
Surviving on memories created to last. 

His smile frozen in time is my sunshine
His lingering heartbeat replaces my lifeline;
The shape of his hand plastered on my palm
The melodies of his voice are a warming balm.

This summer will be filled with the coldest nights
The ghosts of yesterday illuminated by city lights. 
Desperate tears that have graced my pillows
Will emulate, on a full moon night, the pacific billows.

No words, no prayers will ever materialise
The infinite love I sought as my precious prize
For the battles I’ve fought, some won some lost; 
I am destined to be crumbled by destiny's true cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment