Wednesday, February 23, 2011

#4. First Love.

Lately i have been in such a good mood these days, probably a result of good weather, good food, good books and good music. I feel nothing can bring me down. Sure, i have my weak moments when ghosts of decisions past come back to haunt me, but i have learnt to get through and banish them with this "I love" list i made a few days back.
I hear so many people saying over and over again how they hate themselves and blah blah blah. (Not to lie, i belonged to that lot once too) But while making this list ( which was a suggestion from a very beloved teacher) I realized that it was absolutely irrational on my part to hate myself when i love the many things that i do. Gloating in self pity never got anyone anywhere. I couldn't even come up with a single reason as to why i should despise my life. So to anybody reading this i would strongly suggest to make a similar list , and notice how by the end of it you fall in love with YOURSELF all over again and have a huge ear to ear grin plastered on your face. =)

I love my family.
I love the opportunities they have provided for me.
I love driving my parents crazy and being a spoilt brat.
I love teasing and annoying my pesky  little brother.
I love the view from my house back in U.A.E.
I love shopping.
I love having weird/ non-sensical conversations.
I love having intellectual arguments.
I love laughing until my stomach hurts.
I love sobbing and crying while watching romantic dramas.
I love it that i am an emotional person.
I love being a hopeless romantic.
I love helping others.
I love making others happy.
I love it when i'm happy.
I love going to museums, especially contemporary art ones.
I love art.
I love  my tattoos.
I love reading.
I love writing.
I love writing poetry.
I love Astronomy.
I love watching foreign films.
I love the smell of fresh flowers.
I love flowers, especially orchids and tiger lilies.
I love chilly early mornings.
I love listening to sappy-romantic hindi songs.
I love singing along to those sappy- romantic hindi songs.
I love putting on my headphones and getting lost in the music.
I love eating cereal with warm milk.
i love rain.
i love greenery.
I love long drives along the shore.
I love swimming.
I love love stories.
I love the feeling of a good book in my hands.
I love cozying up with a good book, a mocha and hazelnut latte/masala chai at Greyhouse while it pours outside.
I love walking barefoot on the beach, as the cold waves crash against my legs.
I love the sea breeze.
I love deserts.
I love the sand dunes. 
I love sunrises.
I love sunsets.
I love staying up late at night, doing absolutely nothing.
i love watching movies in the theatre
I love waiting for my prince charming to come and sweep me off my feet.
i love clear, blue skies.
I love daydreaming.
i love my current hair color - reddish brown
I love my unequal eyes.
I love my crooked nose.
I love fashion.
i love wasting my time browsing through fashion blogs.
I love my telescope.
I love Astronautical engineering.
I love Purdue.
I love taking long walks, when the weather is gorgeous.
I love unique-vintage stuff.
I love scarves.
I love shoes.
I love perfumes.
i love lipsticks.
I love indie music.
I love house and lounge and world music.
I love my electric guitar.
I love receiving small, thoughtful gifts.
I love giving gifts and seeing the smile on the other persons eyes.
I love earrings.
I love wine.
I love roller skating.
I love HIMYM, Big bang theory, outsourced and modern family.
I love the fact that i am such a sucker for romance.
I love sleeping and dreaming.
I love getting lost in a distant fantasy world
I love learning about other cultures.
I love my culture.
I love beautiful but weird things
i love physics.
i love metaphysics.
i love wasting time
i love poetry.
I love chocolate truffles.
I love playing scrabble.
I love playing angry birds.
I love the fact that i am technologically challenged yet somehow manage to fix my computer on my own.
I love the colors salmon pink, coral and sea green.
I love black.
I love purple.
I love red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
i love hearing the birds chirp.
I love magic. I love miracles.
I love tiramisu.
I love andy warhol's art.
I love my room.
I love my purple chair.
I love my wardrobe.
I love the idea of being in love.
I LOVE MYSELF. (In an absolutely non-narcissistic way)

No comments:

Post a Comment