Wednesday, February 9, 2011

#3. First Mechanical Failure (Warning : Extremely profound and philosophical)



A mutant idea. A weird dream. The human brain is a labyrinth. Once an idea or a notion sets motion inside your mind, it doesn't settle until it's purpose is attained. A debate marathon begins. The subconscious mind begins manipulating the conscious mind into semi-believing a non-existent reality. Confusion is an usual side-effect.  

Sitting in a cafe, a mutant idea was born within my conscious cognizance. Do i see the world in metaphoric black and white or do i feel the colors surrounding me? Do i see the true me or do i see the perception others have of me ? After days of reading numerous self help books (which in fact were no help at all) and self-contemplation, the answer was crystal clear. I was holding myself down. I had formed a habit of seeing the ending before the beginning and drowning out my actual potential in thoughts which seem so nonsensical now.  Realization is the greatest self help one can give to thyself. With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.- Dalai Lama
 
Shattering the obscure black and white lens hiding my true perception,  everything seemed new. My life's puzzle pieces came together harmoniously  to form a true evaluation of my goals, ambitions, wants and needs. 

"In faith that I'll be true to myself, i find me." Though realization comes comparatively easy, the endeavor undertaken later is a rough one.  True success is always precedented by downfall and mis-experiences. The journey undertaken after a failure is what strengthens one and propels them towards success.  Metaphoric with an aircraft, the turbulent lift created beneath the wings, balanced by the strength of the metallic frame and the intense, somewhat chaotic engine is what propel the aircraft. Without the capricious wind, the aircraft is nothing but a piece of molded metal. Turbulence in life is a necessary evil. One starts to take things for granted if life's a smooth sailing.  Life comes with its own set of faulty manufacturing, engine failures and  a sudden drop in altitude. 

A couple of months back,  a figurative mechanical failure occurred. Somewhere along the set flightpath, the auto-pilot mode that i had been in since middle school, broke down due to a virus - cognitive contemplation. And i had no idea as to which direction was i supposed to steer in. This actually forced me to start seeing things the way i wanted to, and not the worldly perception of them. I had a choice; a choice of following a hackneyed map or tracing my own. As frustrating as this new found discovery was, it was all the more exhilarating. I was and am finally in control. I don't feel like a lost sheep flying in an alien air space anymore. I have learnt to do things that put a smile on my face. I have finally outlined my own flight route. All i am waiting for now, is the engines to heat up - the right opportunities, and the re-take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment